Select Page

Treatment number 2 is behind us!

Yesterday I felt pretty good until about 2PM and then I was walking through a fog. I took a nap hoping to wake up not foggy but no such luck. When I woke up, I was foggier, nausea had started to set in and I could still taste the one medication – yuck! Because of the fog, I really didn’t want to be around people so I just hung out in our room. I was able to finish my latest book – Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult – though I think that if I had tried to read something that I wasn’t fully into and nearly finished with it couldn’t have happened. I thought about trying to color but that felt like too much work. Resting and talking to people one on one helped to pass the time. I did take one of my as needed nausea meds and this time, unlike last time, it seemed to help. I ate a little bit and then decided to close my eyes again shortly after eating and was pretty in and out until 8 when I decided to take the medicine that knocks me out. Last time I took it, it put me further into a brain fog that didn’t lift until late afternoon the next day. I did ask to reduce the dosage and the doctor agreed so we were hopeful that maybe it wouldn’t hit as hard this time.

I slept pretty well – nearly 12 hours only waking a few time through the night.

This morning I woke up a little bit shaky – probably from lack of food from yesterday – but otherwise I felt good. The brain fog was minimal and has continued to reduce since I have eaten and been moving about. I’m able to help with school for the kids this morning – though I’m glad to not be the only teacher, thanks Mom – and have done a couple of light chores to keep myself moving. I have always felt better in general when I try to do things. Sitting around lets me get into my own head and that’s not a good place to be.

In other news, my hair is starting to fall out. I first figured this out as I ran my hands through my hair trying to get it to look presentable this morning. It doesn’t really hurt. I only notice it if I run my hands through my hair so it isn’t coming out fast but that could all change. In an effort to have some photo evidence of me having short hair, Andy and I decided we needed a picture of the two of us this morning. We really are all smiles as we feel incredibly blessed by the outpouring of love and support you all have provided for us.